Ways to Give to School of the Woods
School of the Woods does not require and has never sought gifts as a condition of enrollment. We are grateful, however, for gifts from parents, alumni and others. Here are some ways to give to School of the Woods.
CAPITAL CAMPAIGN: Direct contribution to the Twenty First Century campaign to build Woods High School – one-sum cash, extended pledge, stocks/bonds.
ACORN FUND: Gifts to the Acorn Fund, annual and year-round financial aid fund for need-based tuition support.
- Direct contribution to a specific classroom or program;
- Inkind gifts of goods to specific Lower School classrooms, the Middle School or High School;
- Direct contributions/underwriting for Chili Cook-off and/or Spring Picnic;
- Support and participation in other varied fundraising activities, such as Gift Wrap sales and flower sales.
BIENNIAL GALA EVENT: Contributing through gala event ticket/table purchases and auction purchases.
STOCKS, BONDS, SECURITIES, MUTUAL FUNDS: Any appreciated financial instrument can be contributed.
- Most of the above are suitable for corporate matching gifts, where such programs exist;
- Certain corporations have programs to make grants to schools in support of volunteer hours expended by their employees or spouses.
- Contributions in honor of an individual or in memory accomplish two goals.