Capital Campaign Accomplishments
The fist ever capital campaign began in 1992. Since that first effort, capital fund raising has achieved many milestones:
• Retire the balance owed on the School’s purchase in 1991 of its basic campus property.
• Provide a new Middle School building designed to support the needs of the growing program for adolescents.
• Build a 3600 sq. ft play pavilion, which the School had never had.
• Renovation of existing classroom buildings and fellowship hall buildings for new uses.
• Much-expanded parking facilities and inter-campus drives.
• Construction of a Upper Elementary Complex to support the integrated education program.
• Construction of modern Elementary classrooms tailored to the educational program.
• Acquisition of additional nearby acreage for a new high school facility and multi-purpose gymnasium.
ABOVE: The driveway (aka carpool line) serves an educational purpose as it is lined with native Texas plants. On the right is the remodeled Studio for Dance and Theatre Arts.
ABOVE: Middle School building and a portion of the adjacent play pavilion. The new building designs feature large expanses of glass which create a feeling of openess and contact with nature.
ABOVE: Exterior patio for lower elementary classroom. With the mild Houston winters, this area can be used almost year round.
Upper Elementary classroom building completed 2006
Lower Elementary classroom building completed 2006
Purchase of Woods High School property on Bobbit Lane, 5 acres, completed 2012
Arial View of Wirt Road and Bobbit Lane Intersection
The new Woods High School building at 1300 Wirt was completed in the spring of 2019.