Capital Campaign Accomplishments
The first ever capital campaign began in 1992. Since that first effort, capital fund raising has achieved many milestones:
- Retire the balance owed on the School’s purchase in 1991 of its Wirt Road campus property.
- Construction of purpose built Elementary classrooms tailored to the Montessori educational program.
- Provide a new Middle School building designed to support the needs of the growing program for adolescents.
- Build a 3600 sq. ft play pavilion, which the School had never had.
- Renovation of existing classroom buildings and fellowship hall buildings for new uses.
- Much-expanded parking facilities and inter-campus drives.
- Construction of an Upper Elementary Complex to support the integrated education program.
- Acquisition of additional nearby acreage for a new high school facility and multi-purpose gymnasium.
- Completion of the high school facility and multi-purpose gymnasium.
ABOVE: The driveway (aka car line) serves an educational purpose as it is lined with native Texas plants. On the right is the remodeled Studio for Dance and Theatre Arts.
ABOVE: Middle School building and a portion of the adjacent play pavilion. This building design features large expanses of glass which create a feeling of openess and communication with nature.
ABOVE: Exterior patio for lower elementary classroom. With the mild Houston winters, this area can be used almost year round.
BELOW: Interior of one of three Lower Elementary classrooms completed 1995-2006
BELOW: Exterior of Upper Elementary classroom building completed 2006
Purchase of Woods High School property on Bobbit Lane, 5 acres, completed 2012
Arial View of Wirt Road and Bobbit Lane Intersection
The new Woods High School building at 1300 Wirt was completed in February 2019.